DIY Mother's Day Gift



I'm excited that Mother's Day is only a few weeks away. I love to show my mom some extra loving anytime I am able to and even thought I'm not a mother myself I enjoy showering her and all the other mother's in my family with the love and attention that they deserve on this special day. I may not say it enough but am grateful to have a supportive, loving, accepting, quirky and God fearing mother in my life and I hope that one day I am able to be half of the mother that she is today. 

One of my favorite readings from the Bible comes to mind and that is Proverbs 31:10, 25-31. It says the following...

NKJV 10 "Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies". 25 Strength and honor are her clothing; she shall rejoice in time to come. 26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. 27 She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29 "Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all. " 30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let hew own works praise her in the gates."

These verses say many things, including that a wife/mother/woman is virtuous, has strength, honor, wisdom, kindness, watches over her household, does not idle, is blessed, praiseworthy, God fearing, and rewarded. As I get older I have come to realize that my mother has been these things for a long time and for that I am thankful. I am not perfect but my aim is to be these things, and am glad that I am able to journey through them alongside my mother. 

So Mom if you are reading this...I love you.



Now back to the Mother's Day DIY gift... last year I made Mom a DIY plant arrangement for less than $20. I opted for this instead of buying a pre-made arrangement that cost anywhere from $50-$80 bucks! Completely ridiculous in my book. Instead, I gathered a few different plants, bought some soil, and arranged them in a nice flower pot. I even had enough left over to make another, smaller arrangement for my grandmother as well, which she also enjoyed. 





I found the template for the Happy Mother's Day printable here and the garland template here. These websites have a ton of other cool, free, printable templates that can also be used for Mother's Day. So make sure to check them out for your next Mother's Day venture. 

So with that being said, I'll leave you with a few pics of the beautiful mother's I have the pleasure of having in my family...













With love and happiness, 

Jen

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top