Essentials Camping Checklist



Helloooo Spring! Oh wait, are we still in February? Geez, apparently time isn't passing fast enough for me since my mind is already wondering on spring, gardening and all things outdoor. I can't wait to get out of this chilly weather. Truth be told, I'm not much of a winter person. I'd rather be on the beach working up tan than be cooped up inside all day. 

Anyway with spring in mind I starting thinking about camping and what trip we could possibly take this year. Last year, we had so much fun with friends and family, I'd like to think that part of the reason it went so smoothly was because we were so well prepared and had most, if not all, of our camping essentials ready and on hand. 

First order of business for a successful, organized trip is to create a checklist. I'd searched the internet for the perfect list, but only found lists that were either too minimal or too extensive. So I came up with this comprehensive list of essential camping items that fit me and my family. It does not include any meal plans but some meal ideas may include hot dogs, hamburgers, fajitas, quesadillas, sandwiches, or foil wrapped veggies and potatoes. Although I strongly recommend you use precook potatoes since cooking raw potatoes will take a really long time over a fire, about an hour. I don't know about you, but most kids (and adults), have a "want food now!" kind of mindset while in the great outdoors. For breakfast you can served pre-made breakfast burritos or egg and ham sandwiches with fresh fruit. 

Back to the checklist, here is a link where you can add or subtract items to best tailor your specific group. I hope this list helps you in your journey to organization minus the hair pulling and "I can't I forget...!" moments. What other items would you include that may have been forgotten or overlooked? 

Happy Camping! 

Best regards,

Jen



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top