Who Ate My Egg Sandwich?

Good evening ladies and gents. It's Thursday and you know what that means? Tomorrow is Friday! Yes. I'm relieved to know that we all know our days here. For most of us the end of our work week is right around the corner, a shimmer in our eye. There's nothing like knowing the weekend is almost here and that there truly is a light at the end of the tunnel. Alright, alright, no need to be so morbid. My week has actually been very productive but the prospect of lying around the couch and watching Netflix marathons all day sounds oh so tempting.

Speaking of plans, I actually have something to do other than watch tv this weekend (Saturday that is, can't say the same for Sunday). I plan on participating in the Cowtown Marathon 10K in Fort Worth, TX along with my significant other and a few close friends. It will be my 2nd time participating in the run and always look forward to the energy from the crowd, the food and yes even the run. I'm really excited and hope that I am able to beat my previous record by at least 1 minute. It may not seem like much but it's my goal and I'm sticking with it. If I beat it by more than that then great, if not well...let's just say that a gallon of ice cream may be my new right hand man. Just kidding..or am I? Hmm...

Anyway, today I wanted to share a delicious and healthy breakfast sandwich I've been eating to prepare me for this run. It's easy, simple and can be whipped up in mere minutes. To be honest, I eat this all the time, race or no race. But I figured it was a good opportunity to share it. 

What ingredients do you need to make this delicious sandwich? Why I'm glad you asked! All you need is eggs (2), toasted wheat bread, tomatoes, avocado and turkey bacon. That's it!
                                                                                                            






I prefer over-easy eggs but you can make your eggs however you like (poached, scrambled, whatever). Place cooked eggs over toasted wheat bread and layer with sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado and cooked bacon. If you like you can place another piece of wheat toast over this to make it a "real" sandwich. I don't, simply because it is very satisfying with just the one piece of toast. That's it. This is a very satisfying meal that you're body will thank you for. Add a glass of OJ and you are set to hit the road. Or treadmill. Although I do suggest a 30 minute wait before hitting the gym. 













CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top